Chestal Kids Honey cough syrup by Boiron works with the body as an expectorant to improve the productivity of a cough instead of working against the body as a suppressant. It’s made with premium Acacia honey to soothe the throat and thins mucus. The blend of homeopathic medicines loosens chest congestion and relieves all common coughs that occur with a cold: productive/wet, dry, barking, croupy and night coughs.* Chestal Kids Honey is a daytime and nighttime solution — calming those dry, fitful coughs at bedtime that prevent sleep, but not affecting alertness during the day. It won’t interact with other medications. It is non-habit-forming, dye-free, and 99.9% alcohol-free.
Recommended for children ages 2 and up, Chestal Kids Honey is available over the counter in a 6.7 fl oz recyclable glass bottle with a dosage cup for 40 doses. Also try Oscillococcinum® for flu symptoms and the ColdCalm® line.
- Temporarily relieves dry cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold.
- Helps relieve chest congestion due to common colds by loosening mucus and thinning bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive.
- Antimonium tartaricum 6C HPUS—Helps loosen thick mucus
- Bryonia 3C HPUS—Relieves dry and painful cough
- Coccus cacti 3C HPUS—Relieves cough associated with a tickling in the throat
- Drosera 3C HPUS—Relieves barking cough worse at night
- Ipecacuanha 3C HPUS—Relieves cough associated with nausea
- Pulsatilla 6C HPUS—Relieves wet cough during the day becoming dry at night
- Rumex crispus 6C HPUS—Relieves dry cough triggered by cold air
- Spongia tosta 3C HPUS—Relieves dry, croupy and barking cough
- Sticta pulmonaria 3C HPUS—Relieves nighttime hacking cough
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
- Citric acid
- Purified water
- Sodium benzoate
- Children 2 to 11 years of age: Take 5 mL‡ every 2 hours, up to 5 times per day
- Children under 2 years of age: Not recommended.
‡Use only with dosing cup provided. Do not use dosing cup with other products.
- Do not use if your child is allergic to any of this product’s ingredients.
- Ask a doctor before use if your child has:
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or a persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.